SmarterMail is a feature-rich system and there are many options beyond what is covered in this tutorial. Here we will focus on the basic steps required to set up an email account. Once you are comfortable with the basics, detailed information is available in SmarterMail's help documents. Look for the "Help" link in the upper right corner of any page in SmarterMail.
Once your domain is pointing to our servers you can reach SmarterMail directly at http://mail.[YourHostedDomainName.com], but the first time you log in, you should do so through the Email Management link in Control Panel.
To configure the default user settings:
- In the SmarterMail interface, go to the "Settings" link in the left navigation menu (the icon that looks like gears).
- Click to expand the "Domain Settings" folder.
- Click to expand the "Advanced Settings" folder.
- Click "Default User Settings."
- The default user settings are on the right.
There is a "Bypass Greylisting" checkbox on this page which will disable greylisting for the account. If your site account was opened after 10/17/2017. Greylisting has been disabled by default.
Click "Save" to save the default user settings.
To create a new user:
- Mouse over "Domain Settings" and click the "Domain Settings" link.
- From the Email Users page, click the "Add User" link.
- Enter the username and password for the email account.
You may not want to change any of the other settings until you become more familiar with the system. For more details on the available settings, click the "Help" tab.