This article provides a sample tutorial on how to change a Framework-Dependent .NET Core application to a Self-Contained one (i.e. all the assemblies are included) for Visual Studio 2015.
1) Launch Visual Studio.
2) Select File -> New -> Project (CTRL-SHIFT-N)
3) In the New Project window, select .NET Framework 4.6 or higher, choose a programming language, select Web, then ASP.NET Core Application (.NET Core), give your project a name and click on OK.
4) In the next window, select Web Application and click on the OK button.
5) Open the project.json file in your solution and remove "type":"platform" under dependencies -> Microsoft.NETCore.App
6) Add the following to the end of the file.
7) Rebuild your project (CTRL-SHIFT-B)
Now, you are ready to deploy your solution to the platform of your choice without having the need for certain assemblies to be installed on the server. Deploying this way avoids versioning issues (i.e. a certain .NET Core version to be installed on the server).